Body detoxification is all about eliminating existing toxins and avoiding new toxins to form in the body. In current lifestyle where we eat processed food, use chemicals tip to toe, living toxin free is not easy but essential to heal from a number of diseases and health issues we develop over time. A variety of tests and techniques are utilized in body detoxification process to heal different diseases. If you are suffering from any of the following chronic diseases and conditions like allergies, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, chronic infections, depression, diabetes, digestive disorders, headaches, heart disease, high cholesterol, low blood sugar levels, mental illness, and obesity.
Detoxification is a beneficial preventative measure that takes care of overall health, vitality, and resistance to disease. Yogic cleansing methodologies are well practiced in major yoga schools everywhere to cleanse whole body and detoxify the physiological systems. In Ayurveda, Panchkarma (Panch means five and karma means work or activities) is one of the most popular body detoxification method.
You will get one to one consultations from ayurvedic doctor regarding their physical or emotional problems and the doctor may prescribe some medications on the basis of symptoms. Herbal medications are a part of ayurvedic treatment; the practitioner has her/his choice to follow the medications advised by the doctor.
Regular intake of detoxifying diet, exercise and therapies are most to keep your body toxin free. Here are a few recommendations
Other Recommended detoxification methodologies:
1. Take very hot shower for five minutes allowing the water to run on your back.
2. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds.
3. Do this three times over and over.
4. Get into the bed for 30 minutes immediately when you are out.
1. If you feel pressure on knees and ankles, you can place a folded blanket under them.
2. If your hands cannot reach the heels, tuck the toes under or use a yoga block.
Benefits of Ardha-Ustrasana
1. Stretches and widens chest, improves respiratory functions, people suffering from Asthma get benefited.
2. Stretches abdominal area, stimulates abdominal organs, improves digestive and endocrine system.
3. Increases blood circulation to the brain, improves concentration.
4. Loosens the vertebrae, stimulates spinal nerves, relieves backache, rounded neck and dropping shoulders.
5. Stretches the front of the neck, stimulates thyroid gland.
Benefits of Vyagrasana
1. Vyaghrasana tones the spinal nerves, relaxes the sciatic nerves and relives sciatica.
2. Regular practice of this pose loosens up the legs, hips, back joints, stretches the abdominal muscles and reduces the weight from hips and thigh.
3. Vyaghrasana tones up the digestive muscles promoting digestion and helping on proper abdominal health.
4. It stimulates blood circulation to the concerned parts of the body.
5. Tones up the vaginal passage after the child delivery and helps you bring your abdomen to its original position.
Be sure that you do not have severe condition of sciatica, hiatus hernia, weak back, slipped disc or serious problems with your wrist or knee joints before beginning Vyaghrasana otherwise this pose will be harmful.